Thursday, August 26, 2010

Elliot's August 26 email

Here's Elliot's latest message.  He has already found Carlton Reininger, who arrived at the MTC yesterday, and it sounds like all is well in Provo.

Hey family!


I'm glad to hear from you guys. I'm gonna send a letter back today too so I can say more in case I leave anything out. I only have 18 minutes to email back right now! I was actually able to see Carlton yesterday after he came in. He's still alive in case you want to tell his parents that. But I bet his talk and Daniel's talks were amazing. I wish I could have heard it, but I'm way glad to have friends here in the MTC!

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well at home. I wish I could help Alyssa with her Stats, but she's smarter than me and can get it. And that's way cool that you were able to see your friends dad! That must have been fun. I bet it'll be kinda like that when I visit Santa Clarita after my mission. And I'm glad you're handling the split okay there mom. I wish I could play basketball with them again lol.

Thanks for everything you have been doing lately. Mom- I did get the package and am ever so grateful. It's great to have some of those Spongebob gummies! And thanks for keeping up the blog dad! And thanks for that talk too, I wrote down the reference because I can go on LDS.org during study time and I'll read it then.

The MTC has been fine this past week. Time already feels like it's flying right by. I feel as though I just was dropped off two days ago. It's crazy. Time is more of an ideal than a reality in the MTC. I've really learned a lot so far and have had some awesome experences. Just last night we were practicing talking to strangers in Spanish to volunteers, and I talked to one of them after, en espaƱol of course, and it turned out he and his wife served with Keith! Their names were Elder and Sister Crockett. They were way nice and loved you Keith! I've come to learn that there are very few coincidences in the MTC.

I feel like I'm pretty far ahead as far as my Spanish goes, and I think that's a blessing from living in LA all my life. I find that I just pick it up quickly and am able to understand whatever people are saying. But I know that I couldn't do it without the help of God. I was getting kinda proud about what I knew, and when I had to use Spanish for a practice, I froze and couldn't say anything. So it's been quite a humbling experience here at the MTC.

I'm just excited to get out there and tell the people of Oklahoma about Jesus! I want other people to be able to experience the happiness that I've felt because of the Gospel.

I love you all and miss you all! I hope everything is going great. I wish I could be there to help out, but i know what I'm supposed to do right now.

Much Love!

Elder Elliot Adair

No comments:

Post a Comment