Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Elliot's August 26 letter home

Elliot wrote us a letter the same day as his last email, so there was not a lot of news.  He was excited that Elder Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve spoke at the MTC and he recounted some of Elder Holland's comments.  I especially liked his comments about missionary work being a battle.  Elliot quoted Elder Holland: "We're not shooting bullets, we're handing out bandages."  Elliot explained that these words made him very happy because "all I really wanna do is make other people happy.  And I hope that people will be willing to hear what I have to say."  Somehow, I think they will.  He also told us that Carlton Reininger's companion was in Elliot's student ward at BYU.  Small world.  Here is a copy of his letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment