Monday, July 18, 2011

Elliot's July 18 email

Here's the latest email from Elliot.

Hey!

Yeah I got the package mom! Thanks so much. I love the tie and I colored in the tornado pages in the coloring book. I don't think we'll have to worry too much about tornadoes right now, I'm more worried about the drought. It's so hot out here and everything is brown and dead pretty much. Everyone's lawns are just dirt and weeds right now, except in the rich part of town. This past week it rained for like 30 minutes, but that just made everything humid and even more gross. We need like a lot of rain.

This week is LTM again so I'll be in Oklahoma from today to Friday night. It's tough leaving our investigators, but everything usually works out. I'm excited because I'll actually be staying in the Spanish 6 South West area for the week, which is my greenie area. That should be a lot of fun. I taught a lesson in Spanish yesterday and I felt a bit rusty. It's tough being in English areas for this long with my last 3 companions being English, but that's all good.

This past week went by super fast. Our investigator with a baptismal date is doing okay, but her husband (boyfriend?) has been really sick so she doesn't want to leave him to go to church. It's been tough, and we've had a quite a few canceled appointments, but we did still get 3 new investigators this week. It was cool because one of them we met after one of our appointments fell though, and we met him on the street next to the one we were on. We ended up walking and talking with him for about two+ miles, right to where our next appointment was. That one fell through and we met another guy tracting close by that had met with the missionaries a while back and wanted us to come by again! It's all just cool because even though things fall through, God knows where he really wants us and is able to help us get there. I know this work is the best thing I could be doing right now, and even though it's tough, it's worth every effort.

Los amo!

Elder Elliot Adair

No comments:

Post a Comment