Monday, April 11, 2011

Elliot's April 11 email and pictures

Here's the latest email from Elliot, with some pictures.  Sounds like he's settling in and enjoying his new area.  Enjoy the pictures after the break.

Hello!

So everything's going good out here in OK right now. Yesterday was the first time I went to church in this new area and it went really well! The ward's awesome and everyone is super nice and helpful. I'm really excited now to work here, and I think we'll see a lot of success.

Yesterday we actually got fed twice, a lunch and a dinner, and that alone is enough to make it a good day. But, way more awesomeness occurred. We had lunch with the Sextons, and before it was prepared, Brother Sexton took us to see a few of his friends. Both of the families we tried with him, he had been talking to about the church for a while. So we have plans to go back and see them and to what I can tell they're very prepared to receive the Gospel. Later on that night, after dinner with the Lambs, and all of their extended family, the former bishop asked us to go with him to give a blessing to a family that he's really good friends with, that aren't members. The dad has been having serious heart problems, but nothing that can't be overcome, but it's really been a big blow to them. We gave him a blessing as well as his wife and one of his sons. I really felt their pain that they were going through, and really just wanted to help. They have been good friends with members of the Church for a long time, and I feel like they would also be ready to get the happiness and peace that comes from living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We had an awesome day yesterday to cap off a pretty good week, and I really feel like we could see a few families get baptized within these next few transfers and work towards that goal of being together forever.

I'm happy, healthy, and well fed out here. Me and my companion are getting along well, and I'm having fun with the work. The guest room looks awesome mom! I love you all and hope you're doing well!

Love,

Elder Elliot Adair

And I attached some pictures so enjoy!

(The other missionary in one of the pictures is Elder Steven McCord Kimber, my last companion)

Elliot and Elder Kimber


Elliot and a bison statue


Elliot doesn't say where these next shots come from.  Looks like they may have been taken in a museum.



No comments:

Post a Comment