Monday, April 25, 2011

Elliot's April 25 email

We got Elliot's latest email today.  He got his package from home and it sounds like everything is going great.  We're keeping an eye on the weather in Oklahoma, as it looks like some storms are on their way.  As Oklahomans continue to pray for rain, they received some much-needed rain yesterday, although nowhere near enough to end the long drought.  Much of Oklahoma was placed under tornado watch today, and a possible tornado was reported in the southeastern part of the state, far from Elliot.  Here's his email.

Hey!

I got everything mom thank you so much! Sorry you couldn't find my camelbak though. But it's awesome and my companion and I both love the Men of the Mo-Tab CD!

I also have a package I've been meaning to send to dad for his birthday! But I haven't yet and now it's way late. Oops. But it'll come! I'll try to send it off this week. And next week I'll let you know when I'll be able to call and everything!

We had a pretty good week. I'm particularly excited about one family that we're teaching. We actually couldn't see them this past week, but they did tell the member of the church that referred them to us that they're excited about becoming Mormons. So needless to say that's going super well. We also had this awesome lesson with another member referral family we're teaching. They really didn't seem too interested in listening to us the first time we came by, and then cancelled the next appointment, and left us with kind of a don't call us, we'll call you type of deal. But we were gonna be in the neighborhood, so we just decided to drop by. They let us come in, and then she came out and told us about all of her life problems, which is quite common as a missionary, but then suddenly just realized that we were there for a reason. That God had sent us there. That we were more than just strange 20 year old guys in white shirts and ties. Her apathy really made a complete turn and we were able to teach her and help her she what she needs to do in turning to Christ to help her out. The Spirit really made her realize that we had something she needs.

One of my new favorite quotes from President Monson is; "I firmly believe that the sweetest experience in mortality is to know that our Heavenly Father has worked through us to accomplish an objective in the life of another person." [To the Rescue, at 4.] It's just awesome to be able to have those kinds of experiences so often as a missionary. I really wouldn't trade it for anything right now.

I love you! Hope everything is going good.

Love,

Elder Elliot Adair

Oh I would’ve attached a picture of me and the bracelet but I forgot my camera today! Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment