Monday, August 1, 2011

Elliot's August 1 email and pictures

Here's the latest email, along with some new pictures posted after the jump.  He's getting a new companion on Wednesday, another brand new missionary.

Hola!

Well I'm training again this next transfer! It's lame seeing Elder Andersen leave, but I'm excited to help another greenie. It's so fun and it really helps to have some new missionary fire. We'll be picking him up from Oklahoma on Wednesday.

I busted the back wheel of my bike on Saturday. [I wonder if it looks like the one pictured at right. I also wonder what he was jumping off of when it broke!] It's warped completely beyond being able to be trued. It's frustrating and I'll have to just buy a whole new one tomorrow probably, unless it'll be more cost/time effective to have them build a new one off the same hub. We'll see.

Things are going okay here. We've had to drop a lot of people recently but we've also found quite a few people these past 3 or so days. After my wheel busted we went through everyone that had been being taught by the missionaries beforehand and called them, and we got quite a few appointments off of it. So we should still have plenty to do here. It's still ridiculously hot and I hear it's just gonna get hotter, but that's okay. We're taking care of ourselves.

I love y'all and hope everything's going good!

Elder Elliot Adair



In a separate email about these pictures, Elliot wrote: "The giant shovel is just outside some store or lot or something at the border of Wichita Falls and Lake Arrowhead. It's massive, but has no point that I know of, besides for missionaries to climb on."



No comments:

Post a Comment