Monday, August 29, 2011

Elliot's August 29 email

Here's the latest email from Elliot.

I have 2 companions! This past week we picked up a second companion, Elder Toki Lang. He actually came out at the same time as me. He's from the Marshall Islands and he's awesome. It's different being in a 3-some, but it's sweet.

I didn't get to see any of the Hotter N' Hell [a local cycling event]. We had a number of appointments Saturday and weren't able to see any of it really.

That's exciting for Alyssa! [She starts at BYU today.] I hope she enjoys it. College is a lot of fun and I'm sure she'll have a blast. And I'm glad y'all had fun at Lake Arrowhead too. Happy belated anniversary!

And tell Grandpa happy birthday too!

This past week was pretty cool. We had so many meetings and appointments and stuff. Wichita Falls North had a baptism, and I had the opportunity to interview him, Mark, for it. It was the second baptismal interview I've been able to conduct. It was so cool to see how strong his faith was and how the gospel had helped him. We have a few investigators now with baptismal dates for this coming month and I hope everything works out. The work's going well here and I'm having a lot of fun.

And I hear it'll be under 100 this coming week! That'll be the first time for me in forever it seems like. I might have to put a sweater on if it only gets to 95. That's chilly.

Well I love you all and I would have sent pics, but I forgot my camera. Next week!

Love,

Elder Elliot Adair

No comments:

Post a Comment