Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Elliot's February 21 email

Here's the latest news from Elliot.

Hi!

That's good to hear Brian is on a mission! [Brian Molina is a former member of Newhall First Ward whose parents recently moved back into the ward. Brian is serving a mission in Australia.] It's been way long since I'd ever seen him but that's definitely good news.

And that's a very busy Sunday mom! 9 hours is a lot. I know for me Sundays used to be the most relaxing day of the week but out here it's the craziest day. We just go non-stop it seems. But that's good as a missionary.

This week was pretty good. We have 2 investigators that are progressing pretty well right now. Their names are "Joe" and "Jane". Joe is dating a girl out in Choctaw and has been going to church for the last 2 months or so. He had a very spiritual experience with Moroni's promise (Moroni 10:3-5) at church and really knows this is what God wants for him in his life. We have him scheduled to be baptized the 24th of this coming month so that's good news. We also have a baptismal date with Jane, his cousin. She's started reading and is enjoying it so far. Other than them we've been running into a few brick walls lately. One of our investigators moved out to Newcastle and another to the north side of the City, and it seems like the rest of everyone has been sick lately. But things are still going well!

Yesterday we went to the National Bombing Memorial in downtown OKC with the Lusk family. [Check out this prior blog story for more information about the memorial.] It was so nice of them to take us. It was a very powerful experience to say the least. So many people were affected by the bombing here in '95. It's really a terrifying thing. The memorial is very beautiful though, and a great tribute to all who were lost. I took a ton of pictures, but all on my Canon AE-1, so I need to get the film developed and I'll send them next week so y'all can check them out.

I'm not sure what to do about apartments and classes and everything! I think I'm going to talk to President Taylor and see if he can help me know what to do to make the mission to school exchange smooth. I'll let you know. We have a meeting on Thursday where we'll find out what's happening at transfers, so I'll talk to him.

I love y'all! Have a great week

Con amor,

Elder Elliot

Also, here's the OKC Redhawks Stadium in Bricktown with the Spanish District at the bottom of the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment