Sunday, October 23, 2011

A surprise text message and picture

Last December, we got a text message from the branch president where Elliot was then serving in Oklahoma City. It was great to get that message, which included a picture of Elliot. We assumed that would be the only time we would ever receive such an unexpected and wonderful surprise.

Wrong. Late Thursday evening, as I got into my car to drive home from a work event, I glanced at my phone and saw I had a message. I didn't recognize the number but I saw there was a picture attached. It turns out the message was from Adrienne from Wichita Falls. She has been investigating the gospel and meeting with Elliot and Elder Jacobson. She told us what a blessing Elliot has been in her life and thanked us (meaning Lori, obviously) for raising him so well. She included a picture of herself with Elliot and Elder Jacobson. What a treat! We really appreciated hearing from her and wanted to share the picture she sent to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment