Monday, November 28, 2011

Elliot's November 28 email

Here's the latest email from Elliot.

Hey!

Yeah Brother Sorenson got special permission from President to give y'all a call while I was there. I figured you might have been heading back from Utah at the time. It was pretty cool though being at his house and talking to him and everything. They're a way nice family. And he has some cool mission stories.

And I'm glad you got the videos! I've been trying to learn a little bit of the piano but I'm not very good. I can play the right hand okay. And don't worry about the story mom! That's actually a really long time ago now and I haven't really had anything like that happen since. No more guns pulled on me lol. [Check out the videos we got yesterday to understand the gun story.]

I'm doing well out here. Shawn has passed his baptismal interview and will be getting baptized this Sunday! Another investigator is doing pretty well too. We're having to push her date back a few weeks just to make sure everything's ready but she is doing well. We just need to finish teaching her the lessons. We're trying to find some more new investigators now so that we can still have people to teach after they get baptized. The work's going really good though and that makes me happy!

I'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving weekend! I did too. For Thanksgiving we played football with the Taylors, went to Shawn's baptismal interview, had a huge lunch with the McReynolds, took a nap (we weren't allowed to proselyte), went to dinner at the Grays with Shawn, and then stopped by the Jankas' house to visit a bit. It was way fun but I ate too much food. I was so stuffed haha.

This week we have a Zone Leader Council on Wednesday and Temple Conference on Thursday. Between that and the baptism we should be pretty busy. We're also going to be getting another companion for a week. Elder Curtis is going home a week early for some family stuff so we're getting Elder Clements. Then we'll probably be in another threesome the 2 weeks after because Elder Soto is going home mid-transfer on the 20th. Can you believe transfer calls are this Sunday already? This is going by way too fast.

I'm happy and well! I'll think about some Christmas presents. Maybe a new suit? I'll let ya know.

I love you!

Elder Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment