Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Elliot's May 7 email and pictures

Here's the latest email from Elliot, with a couple of new pictures after the jump.

Hello!

For Mother's Day is it alright if I call at 7:30 my time (5:30 your time)? [Time for the last of our twice-yearly calls!] That'll work well for me and hopefully will give you enough time for all of your church meetings. I'll plan on calling then.

So big news: President Taylor called me yesterday and told me some transfer doctrine. I'll be training a new missionary in the South Spanish Branch! I don't think I am going to be in the same area as at the beginning of my mission, but I'll be in the same branch. I'm so excited. Transfers aren't until the 23rd of this month, but there is a meeting for the trainers this Wednesday that'll I'll be heading up to Moore for. I'm definitely going to miss Lawton but I'm excited to go back to the South and speak Spanish. I wonder how well I can speak though after not being in a Spanish area for like 15 months. It'll be fun.

In other news: Elder Franco got moved out just as suddenly as he got moved in. There was an opening in El Reno so he got moved to fill in. Definitely miss him, but that's part of the mission I guess.

Things are fine here. We have a baptism this next week on the19th which is exciting. This area has been consistently going well the entire time since I got here. The ward is great and really supportive. I finally feel like I'm at the point in my mission where I have a general hang of things. Maybe that's why God wants me back in a Spanish area, mix things up a bit. But I just want to hold nothing back for this last little stretch of the mission. It goes by so fast.

Well I love y'all and look forward to talking on Sunday!

Love,

Elder Elliot


Hope you enjoy the pictures! The first is me, Elder Teisina and Elder Franco on the playground at our apartment and the next is a nerf gun war I lost terribly.



No comments:

Post a Comment