Monday, September 12, 2011

Elliot's September 12 email

Here's the latest message from Elliot.  He's staying in Wichita Falls for at least six more weeks and loving it.

Hi!

Transfers! I'm staying! This'll be my first 3 transfer area and 2 transfer companion. I'll be staying in Wichita Falls South with Elder Jacobson, Elder Lang will be opening a new area, Wichita Falls Central and will still be in my district. We're gonna have the youngest, largest, and according to President Taylor, the most solid district in the mission. There will be 8 Elders and 2 senior couples. We're gonna have 2 greenies, a missionary on his second transfer, and 2 missionaries on their third, me and Lang who have been out for 13 months, and Elder Duke, 18 months. In a lot of missions this would be 2 districts and therefore a zone, but I'm excited. I have a lot cut out for me but that's a good thing. I'm so glad to be staying in Texas. I love this area. We have good work going and should see great things happen here these next 3 weeks.

This past week was hectic. I went on exchanges with the Wichita Falls North Elders, Duke and Jacobs on Wednesday, exchanges in Burkburnett with Elders Guinto and Heyland from Friday to Saturday, and then went to Lawton with the APs (Elder Frampton and Elder Timoteo), Elder Kimber and Elder Duke from Saturday to Sunday to teach soldiers at Ft. Sill. It was so busy but pretty awesome. I was able to make some visits with the North and had some good lessons. I conducted a baptismal interview for a 12 year old investigator in Burk and was able to go to the baptism which was awesome. And then I taught the message of the Restoration to a group of 15 soldiers by myself at Ft. Sill on Sunday. It was way intense and tough, but a good experience. I felt the Spirit very strongly as I taught them and hopefully it sunk in for them too. I committed a few of them to baptism, though not with a specific date. Our investigators back in my own area are doing well too. We had an awesome Family Home Evening with Adrinne and her son came to church for the first time with her this past Sunday (though I wasn't there for it). But things are going really well. I'm excited for the work and am grateful for the opportunity to be here. 

I love y'all!

Elder Elliot Adair

No comments:

Post a Comment