Monday, September 26, 2011

Elliot's September 26 email and picture

Here's the latest message from Elliot, and a new picture too.

Hola familia,

I love that chapter mom. Romans 8 is really one of my favorite in all of the scriptures. In fact I just opened up to that chapter and it had a little mormon.org card as a bookmark in it. I like verses 16-18, especially 18 which says, "For I reckon that the sufferings of the present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." That's strong words: our sufferings aren't worthy to be compared to our goal. Pretty awesome I think.

Well I hope y'all are adjusting alright to a quieter home. Is Alyssa enjoying college so far? I hope so.

I'm doing pretty good. Elder Jacobson and I both got sick for a few days this past week. It wasn't super bad, but a number of the ward members had it. We still had a good week though. On Saturday we biked 32 miles. We had to go see all of the Spanish people that the other Elders in WF had run into because I'm the only Spanish missionary. It was a lot of biking, and my legs are a bit sore, but it was fun. I don't plan on ever doing it again though haha. Too much.

President Taylor came to our ward this week. He spoke in Sacrament meeting and gave an incredible talk. He spoke about missionary work and more specifically about the Doctrine of Christ, which is what he always talks about. But it's the most important thing to understand. It's faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism (sacrament) and other covenants, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. A lot of my study on the mission has been dedicated to understanding more fully these principles and ordinances. It really is the key to salvation. I'm just here to help people understand this and apply it in their own lives.

Adrinne is still doing well. We're just trying to pinpoint a day for her baptism within these next few weeks. Her faith has grown so much. It's so awesome to see how humble and willing to change she is, and how much the gospel has already helped her. She's awesome.

This week I'm gonna be heading up to OK City for a 2 day LTM [leadership training meeting]. It should be really cool as always. I hope y'all have a great General Conference weekend!

Love,

Elder Elliot Adair

No comments:

Post a Comment