Monday, December 19, 2011

Elliot's December 19 email

Here's the latest email from Elliot.

Hola!

I got the package this morning! Its so hard for me to not open it. I actually even had Elder Karl open it so he could look at it but I didn't see and he didn't tell me. I love Christmas! I think I'll call around 3ish if that works for y'all.

And that's cool that you heard from Adrienne! I didn't know she was heading to SLC. That's way cool that she met Elder Ballard. I need to write her and see how everything is going.

Jan was baptized this weekend! I'd send a picture but I forgot to bring my memory card reader today. It was a really nice service. She had to be baptized 3 times though because the first time her toe came up and the second time her dress did. Still nowhere near the record of 8 times someone had to be baptized that I've seen on the mission. It was so apparent in her countenance what the gospel had done for her in her life. She just seems so much more peaceful and happy now. We're excited for her and she told us her goal now is the temple.

Speaking of the temple, I'm going to have an opportunity to go this Thursday. A convert in Noble will be going for the first time and asked if I could be there. I'm super excited. His name's Bryan and we took him out teaching quite a few times when I was there. He had probably the coolest, most dramatic conversion story I've ever heard. So that's a pretty sweet Christmas week gift.



This past week was really great. We have 4 new baptismal dates for the 14th and 21st of January. We also went to a really awesome Native American themed Nativity Play [link to 2003 photos] at the Glorieta Baptist Church on Saturday night. It was a lot of fun. I also went to Midwest City with Elder Garner on exchanges and got to interview one of their investigators, Clifford, for baptism. His uncle baptized him on Saturday. It was just a really awesome week. Things are looking up and the work is moving forward greatly!


Well I love you and will talk to y'all on Sunday!

Love,

Elder Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment