Monday, January 23, 2012

Elliot's January 23 email

Here's the latest email from Elliot.

Hola amada familia mia!

This past week was pretty awesome. Shaun, who was baptized here a little while back, got the priesthood a week ago and passed the Sacrament for the first time this past Sunday. It was so cool. He also said the opening prayer to Sacrament Mtg. We went over last night to visit him with our Elders Quorum President and it's incredible to see his faith strengthen and testimony grow. We taught him about the priesthood and what the blessings and responsibilities that come with it are. [See the video below.] He seems really excited to be able to serve others with this authority he now has. He's great. Seeing how strong he's becoming so quickly in the church is for sure a testimony strengthener for me.

This morning we went mountain biking with Bro. Elliott out by Lake Stanley Draper, east of our area. It was a lot of fun and I only crashed once. We went about 11 or so miles with jumps and tight corners and trees and stuff. It was great. I love getting chances to be outdoors having fun on p-days. It takes the monotony out of playing basketball, but I love basketball.

I'm not too sure what I want for my birthday! But if you send a package out, do you think you could send me out my hard drive? I want to be able to put my pictures somewhere so I don't have to worry about space or anything. I'd very much appreciate it!

I have to get running here pretty quick, but I love you! Thanks for all you do. I hope everything's going well and that you enjoy your new calling dad!

Con amor,

Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment