Monday, April 30, 2012

Elliot's April 30 email

Here's the latest email from Elliot.

Hello!

Things are good in Lawton this week, besides it being super humid and hot for most of the last week. We've had quite a bit of success here lately and have another baptism coming up on the 19th of May for an unbaptized son of a convert of a few years. Their whole family came to church and we're really excited for them! It was cool how we found them also. Elder Franco was on splits with a member and Elder Teisina and I had some extra time. I remembered trying to visit this family a few times but never really being able to sit down with them. But I thought we could try to stop by. When we got there they told us that earlier they were talking about coming back to church and how they missed it a lot in their lives. It was definitely cool that we stopped by when we did. We have quite a few other people we've been teaching who are doing well also. It impresses me often to see the faith demonstrated in the lives of these people, and I'm proud of the progress each one of them makes.

I'm not 100% sure what's happening with transfers yet dad. It sounds like my chances of opening Weatherford are dropping, but one of the APs dropped that there's a good shot for me to go to the north side of OK City and shotgun (both missionaries are new to an area) train a new missionary in Spanish. I'll likely find out on Wednesday when we have our Zone Leader Council. If I don't know where I'm going I will for sure know if I'm staying Zone Leader or not. I'll let y'all know.

You guys should be hearing from either President or Sister Taylor within the next few weeks about my flight plans, if you haven't already. Elder Grover was 1 transfer ahead of me and I know Sister Taylor called his parents last transfer to ask them what airport they wanted him to fly in to. And I'll give you guys a better idea about what time I'll call home on Mother's Day next week. I'll talk to my companions and we'll work it out. It sounds like later on might almost be best but I'll tell you for sure next week. Last phone call home of the mission! That's scary!

Well I'm glad to hear everything's good at home! I love y'all and am grateful for all of the support you've given me.

Con amor,

Elder Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment