Monday, January 10, 2011

Elliot's January 10 email (and a screen shot of his apartment complex)

We got our first email from Elliot in Clinton, Oklahoma, "the most middle-of-nowhere place" he's ever been.  But he has a car, a new companion, and a fresh blanket of snow.  Read the details after the jump.

Hey Family!

Yes I got the package mom, thank you very much! It's awesome. I've been sharing a little bit of California love with those Cuties.

So I'm out here in Clinton, officially the most middle-of-nowhere place I've ever been I think. It's so awesome though. We cover a massive area, all space east of the 44 including Clinton, Weatherford, Wantonga, Turner, Corn and who knows how many small towns north and south of us. The Eastern border of our area is Hydro, we think. We've been working a lot in Weatherford, the small college town of SWOSU [Southwestern Oklahoma State University, the Bulldogs], but with a mileage limitation of 1200/month we can't get out there more than two or three times a week.

My new companion is Elder Anthony Gonzalez from Riverton, UT. He's pretty awesome. And he's a Lakers fan, so it works out very well.

So everything is good out here. It finally snowed, and our cars are grounded (meaning no driving) so we had to bike to the library in the cold, but that's okay. We have to figure out what we want to do for P-day now that we may very well be stuck in Clinton. We had plans to go to Weatherford for basketball and Family Home Evening with a member family, but we may have to scrap it all. We'll see.

My apartment is on 20th Street between Modelle and Jaycee, just in case you wanted to Google Map it! [See picture below.]  It's a way nicer and quieter than the one I lived in in the city.

Anyway, I hope all is well, that "y'all" enjoy going back to school and your training dad!

Love,

Elder Elliot Adair

P.S. I forgot my camera cord so I'll get photos to you all soon!

-------------------------------------------

Here's a screen shot of Elliot's apartment complex.  There's an identical apartment complex next door so I'm not sure I have the right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment