Monday, January 3, 2011

Elliot's January 3 email and more pictures

We got our first email of 2011 from Elliot.  The big news is that he is transferring to Clinton, Oklahoma, on Wednesday.  Clinton is about 85 miles due west of Oklahoma City.  I'll have to do a little research to find out what Clinton is all about.  Read Elliot's email and see several new pictures after the break.

Hey family!

So I thought I'd fill you in with what I got from GQ fashions. I got a new suit with a shirt and tie free. It's really, really nice and I had been wanting a black suit so I got one! Thanks for putting some $ in my account dad, but I was planning on transferring some more from savings to checking; purchases like that will really not be common. And I'll send a picture of me in it to you all as soon as I get the pants hemmed which will be today! I haven't gotten the package yet :( but it could've come in the mail today or it is also possible that the office will give it to me at transfers on Wednesday.

BIG NEWS: I'm being transferred out of The OKC South Spanish 6th West Area to Clinton, OK. It will be an English speaking area but my companion, Elder Gonzales is assigned Spanish as well and apparently there are a lot of Spanish teaching opportunities in that area. The area that I'll cover will be pretty large and therefore I'll have a car, which is awesome seeing as how this will be the coldest transfer of the year. I'm admittedly a bit sad to be leaving the south; I've made a lot of friends and I really care for all of the people here, but I'm excited for the change of pace and the new opportunities I'll have.

That pretty much sums up what's happening with me here. New Years was fun. We had a district party at night and the next morning we played basketball as a zone, so I enjoyed it a lot. Now for these next two days I gotta pack and get ready to head to Clinton!

I love you all lots and hope you have an awesome year!

Love,

Elder Elliot Adair






No comments:

Post a Comment