Monday, January 24, 2011

Elliot's January 24 email

Here's the latest from Elliot.

Hola familia!

How's it going? I'm so glad to hear that you're gonna be able to work out of Southern California dad! That's so awesome.

Things are going super well out here. I get to spend this whole week with Elder Phillips, my MTC companion, while our companions are in the city for a leadership training meeting. It's so awesome. We work so well together and have such a good time so it's gonna be a really good week.

So I gotta tell a story. We have a few Spanish speaking members who attend our English services as well as a few investigators. The stake actually got a translator set (complete with headphones, mic, and everything) so that they could understand what was being said instead of just sitting there. Well who got assigned the responsibility of translating? Me of course. I was so stinkin nervous about trying to translate a whole meeting from English because it's really difficult to listen and translate at the same time. Also, one of our investigators with a baptismal date, Juan, had one of the headsets. I prayed so hard that I would be able to speak well and translate effectively. It was such an awesome experience. I felt myself saying words that I did not know I knew and having almost no trouble following along with what was being said. It was still super difficult, for sure, but I know the gift of tongues is real and I'm so grateful for the ability to speak Spanish. It seemed like the Spanish-speakers there enjoyed it too so that's what's important.

So everything's going really well, I'm loving the work and really am enjoying everything. Tell Alyssa happy birthday!!!!

Love you all!

Elder Elliot Adair

No comments:

Post a Comment